Have Your Child's Birthday Party
at the Children's Museum
Your Child Gets
Great Memories and
You Get A Great Deal.
There’s no place else in Portsmouth like the Children’s Museum for hosting a fantastic birthday celebration. The setting is amazing, the atmosphere is exciting and the memories we help you create will last forever.
Take A Peek At What’s Inside Our Birthday Party Packages
We offer two different packages which provide a complete birthday party experience. They’re lots of fun for the kids, easy and convenient for you. bring your food, cake, drinks, paper products and decorations. And, of course, the guest of honor!
Let’s Get This
Birthday Party Started
Please complete and submit this form to begin reserving your birthday party at the museum.
We’ll contact you by phone after we receive your request. During the call, we’ll answer any questions you might have and confirm the date. You’ll be asked to make a deposit of $75 to hold your reservation. We’ll mail a confirmation letter to you after we receive your deposit.
Remember, the earlier you request your birthday party reservation, the better your chances of getting your preferred date.
The Bodacious B-day Package
This is our standard offering and the standard is pretty high! Keep reading to see what’s included in this great package.
- Use of a private room for the host family (birthday child, siblings, and parents of birthday child) and 15 guests (children & adults) for 90 minutes.
- Free admission for the host family and 15 guests to the museum until closing.
- Additional guests will be charged the rate of $10.00 per person.
- Host/hostess may arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled party time for setup
- Andalo mascot appearance for 20 minutes for photo opportunities
- Goody bag for the birthday child
- Printable party invitation
- Tables and chairs
- Cake table
- Use of refrigerator/freezer and sink
- Tablecloths, cart and room clean-up
$200 (Member discounts may apply.)
Trains and Transportation Birthday Party Package
- Includes all of the Bodacious B-day Package features above, plus...
- A discussion about trains and a personal train tour conducted by our train technician for 30 minutes (Must be reserved at least 2 weeks prior to the party.)
- Add $50 to standard birthday party package
Icing on the Cake:
Add-ons for Museum Parties
- Download and print colorful Children’s Museum of Virginia party invitations from our website or purchase 15 of them at the museum welcome desk for $10
- Birthday Shout-Outs: Your child’s name will be flashed on our digital board during the party for an additional fee of $15 (Must be reserved at least 1 week prior to the party.)
The Grown-up Details
- A $75 non-refundable deposit is due when the party is booked
- Reservations are confirmed upon receipt of deposit
- Balance is due upon completion of party
- Payments may be made with cash, personal checks or credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover)
- Checks should be made payable to Children’s Museum of Virginia and mailed to Children’s Museum of Virginia, Attention: Reservations, at 521 Middle Street, Portsmouth, VA 23704
A nonrefundable deposit of $75 is required to secure your date and time.
You are responsible for bringing your food, cake, drinks, paper products and decorations.
221 High Street, Portsmouth, VA 23704
You can park behind the museum in the County Street parking garage. Fees may apply.
Need a Great Gift Idea?
The Children’s Museum gift shop is a convenient, child-oriented place to purchase the perfect birthday gift. Choose from a wide variety of unique, fun and educational toys and gifts.