Have Your Child's Birthday Party
at the Children's Museum
Your Child Gets
Great Memories and
You Get A Great Deal.
There’s no place else in Portsmouth like the Children’s Museum for hosting a fantastic birthday celebration. The setting is amazing, the atmosphere is exciting and the memories we help you create will last forever.
Take A Peek At What’s Inside Our Birthday Party Packages
We offer three different packages to enhance your birthday party experience. They’re lots of fun for the kids; easy and convenient for you. Bring your food, cake, drinks, and paper products. And, of course, the guest of honor!
Let’s Get This
Birthday Party Started
Please complete and submit this form to begin reserving your birthday party at the museum.
We’ll contact you by phone after we receive your request. During the call, we’ll answer any questions you might have and confirm the date. You’ll be asked to make a deposit to hold your reservation. You will receive a confirmation letter in the mail after we receive your deposit.
Remember, the earlier you request your birthday party reservation, the better your chances of getting your preferred date.
- Download Birthday Party Invite
(fits #10 envelope)
The Bodacious B-day Package
We offer three options depending on the size of your party.
Option A) Up to 24* people - $215
Option B) Up to 40* people - $360
Option C) Up to 50* people - $450
Stargazer and Visionary members receive a $30.00 discount on their birthday package.
Each of the options includes:
- Use of a private room for 90 minutes.
- Free admission to the museum until closing.
- Host/hostess should arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled party time for setup and stay 15 minutes after for clean-up.
- Andalo mascot appearance for 20 minutes for photo opportunities
- Goody bag for the birthday child
- Printable party invitation
- Tables, chairs and use of cart
- Cake table
- Use of refrigerator/freezer and sink
- Availability of ice
Trains and Transportation Birthday Party Package
- Includes all of the Bodacious B-day Package features above, plus...
- A discussion about trains and a personal train tour conducted by our train technician for 30 minutes (Must be reserved at least 2 weeks prior to the party.)
- Add $50 to each of the options listed above.
Invite Santa to your Party. He'll be available on the following dates for the 10:30 am & 12:30 pm party times:
• November 29
Please indicate your request on the Birthday Party Reservation Form.
Add $50 to any of the packages listed above.
*ALL guests (children & adults) should be included in the group total.
Icing on the Cake:
Add-ons for Museum Parties
- Download and print colorful Children’s Museum of Virginia party invitations.
- Birthday Shout-Outs: Your child’s name will be flashed on our digital board during the party for an additional fee of $15 (Must be reserved at least 1 week prior to the party.)
The Grown-up Details
- A non-refundable deposit is due when the party is booked
- Reservations are confirmed upon receipt of deposit
- Balance is due upon completion of party
- Payments may be made with cash, personal checks or credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover)
- Checks should be made payable to Children’s Museum of Virginia and mailed to Children’s Museum of Virginia, Attention: Reservations, at 521 Middle Street, Portsmouth, VA 23704
You are responsible for bringing your food, cake, drinks, and paper products.
The room will be available 15 minutes before your party for set up and 15 minutes after for clean up.
Children's Museum Address
221 High Street, Portsmouth, VA 23704
Parking is available at the County Street parking garage.
Need a Great Gift Idea?
The Children’s Museum gift shop is a convenient, child-oriented place to purchase the perfect birthday gift or gift card. Choose from a wide variety of unique, fun and educational toys and gifts.