Education Made Fun at the
Children's Museum of Virginia
Call 757-393-5258 for the fee structure for a self guided exploration visit and/or a focused education program.
On the first floor, rediscover some of the all-time Children’s Museum favorites. Stroll along the city streetscape with a grocery store, fire truck, pet park, and city bus. Go bonkers for bubbles, move cargo crates, board the tugboat, and track the model trains all over the state.
The second floor showcases three all new distinct exhibit areas. In “My Backyard and Beyond” explore the inhabitants of your backyard, the wonders of water and weather, and the star-studded sky. “Dr. Forces Traveling Energy Extravaganza” brings you back to the days of a 3-ringed circus to discover forces, energy, and motion in all new ways. “CreArtivity” brings visual and performing arts to life by giving visitors an opportunity to create art while interacting with the exhibits.
A Self-Guided Exploration visit is reserved for 90 minutes to allow visitors to explore the exhibits at their own pace.
Focused Group Programs
- Add a Focused Group Program to your Self-Guided Exploration. Programs are led by Museum Educators and are aligned with the Virginia State Standards of Learning. Pre- and post-visit packets are provided to teachers participating in these focused programs.
- Adding a Focused Group Program to a Self-Guided Exploration visit extends your visit to 2-hours.
- Children take an active role in these fun, energetic, educational programs. The programs provide students with opportunities to experiment, explore, and learn through the wonderful world of hands-on learning! Focused Group Programs are fun and appropriate for home school groups as well!
- Focused Group Programs can be adapted to meet your group’s needs. Call 757-393-5258 to talk to a Museum Educator.
3 to 6-Years-Old
- Preschool Focused Group Programs last approximately 20-25 minutes.
- With every eight children one chaperone is admitted free.